From 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm on Saturday, April 14, SouthSounds and Dauphin Street Sound present music business discussion panels and networking happy hour at the Dauphin Street Sound recording studio (651 Dauphin Street), moderated by journalist Jared “Jay B.” Boyd.
This event is designed for up-and-coming musicians wanting to take their careers to the next level, and anyone else who wants to learn more about the business side of music.
Get Out There On The Road! Discussion of Current Issues Related to Touring, Festivals and Live Performances (4:00-4:45 pm)
– Matt Wilson (Artist Manager, Greater Thinking Music Group – Moon Taxi, Dead Confederate, Great Peacock, Los Colognes)
– Andee Kuroda (Lighting designer/producer/editor – Paul McCartney tours, numerous live musical television events, etc.)
– Andrew Goodwin (Head of Festival Partnerships, Everfest)
It’s A Whole New World: Writing, Recording and Making Money From Your Music In The Digital Age (5:00-5:45 pm)
– JD Connell (Vice President – New Media, SESAC)
– Scott Lumpkin (Founder, Skate Mountain Records)
– Rick Hirsch (Recording Artist (Wet Willie, etc.) / Composer / Producer / Studio Owner / Alabama Music Hall of Fame and Georgia Music Hall of Fame Inductee)